Programs & Services Offered
- Goal oriented programs in which functional skills are developed and maintained.
- Outcome-based plans designed to develop meaningful days and valued roles in the community.
- Skill development in areas including communication, socialization, self-care and recreation and leisure.
Individualized Supported Living (ISL)
- Provides the individualized supports necessary for participants to live in single family community housing.
- Includes training in housekeeping and home management skills, self-care activities, budgeting, health maintenance, meal preparations, leisure time activities, building friendships and much more.
- Provides physical assistance and environmental adaptation as needed by the individual participant.
L.O.D.C. can help connect people with appropriate services.
Supported Employment Services
- Competitive work in an integrated work setting with on-going support services.
- Promotes integration into the workplace and interaction between participants and people without disabilities in those work areas.
- Sustained paid integrated community-based employment.
- Individualized job development and placement
- On-the-job training in work and work-related skills
- Ongoing supervision and monitoring of the person’s performance on the job.
The Individualized Supported Living (ISL), Day Habilitation, and The Supported Employment. Programs are licensed and certified by the State of Missouri Department of Mental Health.
Lake of the Ozarks Developmental Center is a not for profit agency and is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Board is comprised of professionals, family members, and members of the community at large.
Determination of eligibility is made by the Department of Mental Health.
L.O.D.C. sponsors and supports the Lake Area People First Group.